IV. Choose the right form to complete the sentences. 6 points10-11 класс
1. John lost his keys. If John (didn’t lose / hadn’t lost) his keys, he would (get/ have got) in his flat easily.
2. If Nick (is, was, were, had been) a wise man, he (would agree, would have agreed, agreed) then.
3. Of the three books I like “Uncle Tom’s Cabin”(less/ least).
4. She was crying in her room quietly then.
She was crying then quietly in her room.
She was crying quietly in her room then.
Complete the sentences using the appropriate derivatives of the words in capitals. 5 points 1. Have you ever tasted cheese - … crisps? FLAVOUR
2. Alice … , if ever , goes out. RARE
3. The Headmaster of the school was a white – haired, … gentle man. DIGNITY
4. Did he talk to you … or was he interested in your plan ? DIFFERENT
5. The … and … children walked across the street. BARE
Другие вопросы из категории
полковый цырюльник, ибо в крепости другого лекаря не было. 3. Тут Иван Кузмич оборотился к нам, и все его внимание устремилось (to give) на неприятеля. 4. Час спустя Павел Петрович уже лежал в постели с искусно забинтованной ногой. 5. Я лежал на диване, уставив глаза в потолок... когда Вернер вошел в мою комнату. 6. Оглянешься на (I would look round...) Карла Ивановича, а он сидит себе с книгой в руке и как будто ничего не замечает.
Clouds play a powerful(1)____in warming and cooling our planet. Even a one-percent change in cloud can have dramatic(2)____on global temperature. On the one(3)____, clouds spread out like global umbrellas, blocking the sun's heat energy and reflecting much of it(4)____into space. That cools the planet. But clouds can also act like giant blankets(5)____trap heat radiating from Earth. This(6)____to keep the planet warm and suitable for life. All life processes on Earth depend on a balance(7)____this warming and cooling. If the balance shifts, the effects(8)____be disastrous. Colder winters or hotter summers could threaten entire species of plants and animals, and force whole populations-humans included-to move to different latitudes. Scientists are now studying clouds in an attempt to forecast(9)____climatic changes. They hope to(10)____answers to many questions.
| 1 | part | role | place |
| 2 | reason | effect | source |
| 3 | side | view | hand |
| 4 | out | back | round |
| 5 | which | while | when |
| 6 | has | helps | makes |
| 7 | among | in | between | | 8 | could | must | should | | 9 | so | such | a |
| 10 | look for | put | find |
№2 Choose the right words to complete the sentences:
1. They(can / might)____be away for the weekend but I'm not sure.
2. He(can / could)____be from Sheffield,judging by his accent.
3. They(can' t / may not)____still be out!
4. With luck,tomorrow(can / could)____be a cooler day.
5. You(can / might)____be right but I'm going back to check the information.
Помогите пожалуйста с этими заданиями,буду очень благодарен!
just...you a) like b)as c)as well as 3.The church is open,so we may ... go inside.a)too b)as well c)happy 4.What is June...? -She has ordered coffee and cake.a)eat b)having c)recommend 5.Why don't you...this jacket on?I think it will suit you.a) drees b) try c)order 6.I haven't got much money,but I like to... throught new shops.a)buy b)browse c)choose 7.You should pack all your... . Don't leave the passport on the table.a) luggage b) have c) stuff
use these verbs in the correct form and complete the sentences
Go, see, watch, do, work, listen, want.
1.I... to make a cake. Have you got four eggs?
2.We... to the theatre.Do you want to join us?
3. I can not call mother now. She... TV.
4.Where is Sam?-He... on the computer.
5.Plese be quiet. I... my homework.
6.I can not find my book.- Oh, I... it. It is under your bed.
7. What is this noise?- Jack... to his favourite music.
white(hair/hairs) on her jacket
2) We had very(little/few)time to finish our project
3) There were (a few/a little)times when Jane wanted to go back home
4) He had (a very/very)eventful life before he became a Geography teacher
5) The maid brought in (paper/a paper)with the latest news
6) This chair is made of (a wood/wood)
7) I need (a room/some room)for my clothes.-You can use my wardrobe if you want to.
8) What(an interesting/interesting)experience!
The authors belonged to the so-called 'beat literature', beat writers' or 'beat generation' were forerunners of the ... counterculture of the 1960.
a) Hippy; b) Punk; c) Gothic.
2) Choose grammatically correct variant:
a) Don't you know if you post a letter of complaint tonight they would respond in time?
b) Don't you know if you've posted a letter of complaint tonight they will respond in time?
c) Don't you know if you post a letter of complaint tonight they will respond in time?
3) Choose the right preposition:
Did you know that Mary is engaged ... her former classmate?
a) with; b) on; c) to.
4) Which sentence is correct English?
a) I love the landscape in Scotland;
b) I love the countryside in Scotland;
c) I love the nature in Scotland.
5) Choose the proper statement:
The object in English may be expressed by ...
a) a noun; b) a verb; c) a numeral.
6) Choose the right meaning of the idiom 'Monday Blues':
a) jazz songs;
b) blue suits people wear to work on Monday;
c) feeling depressed because it's Monday again.
7) Choose the proper spealling of a word which is used in folklore to describe a person who changes into a wolf:
a) wearwolf b) wherewolf c) werewolf d) were wolf
8) Choose the right word to fill the gap in the sentence:
When I cut mu head, I needed nine ...
a) fillings; b) stitches; c) slings; d) crutches.
9) Who designed and co-ordinated the presentation performance at the opening caremony of 2012 Summer Olympic games in London?
a) James Hewitt; b) David Bond; c) Nick Pritchett; d) Danny Boyle.
10)Complete the statement:
John Betjeman was famous English ...
a) poet; b) actor; c) scientist; d) architect.
11) Choose the proper variant:
Sir Edward William Elgar, 1st Baronet was a famous British ...
a) general of the Civil War;
d) member of the House of Lords during the Second World War.