1. Complete the text. Use can, can’t, could, be able to, must, will have to or have to. 1. I’m afraid10-11 класс
I (1) …………….help you at the moment.
2. I don’t think I’ll (2)…………….. come to the meeting.
3. The negotiations broke down because we (3)……………agree on the price.
4. I (4)…………….. remember to email Steve and thank him for all his help.
5. Sorry, I (5)……………….go now, the meeting begins in five minutes.
6. You (6)………………….try to be more diplomatic when you are speaking to Tim.
7. I find Portuguese very difficult. I (7)……………..understand it, but I (8)……………. Speak it.
8. - Will you (9)………………… go to the training seminar?
- No, I (10)……………….. . I’m very busy.
9. I’m sorry. I (11)…………….. come to your talk yesterday. I had to sort out a problem.
10. I (12)………………. go to the dentist next Friday morning, so I’ll be a little later.
Другие вопросы из категории
______you______English?(to speak) my parents_____fish(not/to like) ______Anne_____any hobbies(to have) Andy's brother_____in an office(to work) leroy____very fast(can/not/to read) раскройте скобки,употребляя глаголы в present continuous. the children(to brush) their teeth what he (to do) at the moment? he(to fix) his bicycle. they(to have) a big dinner together the boys(to run) about the garden. I(to do) my homework john and his friend(to go) to the library Ann(to sit) at her desk. she(to study) geography
Population (mean) _______ the number of people who live in a particular area. The population of the world (not stay)_________ the same. At the moment it _______ (grow) at an increasing rate. ln fact, scientists d (believe) that the world population will increase until 2200, and then stop growing. However, things are not the same in all parts of the world. At present in many Western industrial countries the population (fall)___________. This (happen) ________ because families are small, and health conditions are good. In developing countries, on the other hand, the population (rise) ____sharply. In Ghana, for example, most families (have)______several children. Many children in Ghana(die)_____ from illness, so it is important to have lots of children. They earn money for the family and (look after) ______their parents in old age.
Complete the text with it or there in each space.
Tropical forests grow near the Equator where ____ is warm and wet. ______are only two seasons, rainy and dry. ______ is normally 20-25°C in a tropical forest and _____is only a drop of about 5°C in the coldest months. _____is a lot of rain, on average more than 200 cm per year._____ is poor soil, and ____ is difficult for plants on the forest floor to develop, as tall trees (25-35 meters) block the light. ______are many plants, birds, animals and insects. _____are different kinds of tropical forests with different kinds of trees. ______ depends on the temperature and the amount of rainfall.
network was created to survive a nuclear war.
2 Most of the Internet host computers are situated in the United States.
3 Nobody knows accurately how many people use the Internet.
4 Most of the people have right to use the Internet.
5 Other popular services are accessible on the Internet as wrell.
№3 Which of the following statements are true to the text? If the statement is false, explain what is wrong in it
1 The Internet was created as a military experiment.
2 All computers can stay in touch with each other as long as there is a single route between them.
3 Packet switching was used during the Iraq war.
4 Many people use the Internet and their number can be counted fairly accurately.
5 When commercial users send e-mail messages, they only have to pay for the information to their local service providers.
THE INTERNET (I)
The Internet, a global computer network which embraces millions of users all over the world, began in the United States in 1969 as a military experiment. It was designed to survive a nuclear war. Information sent over the Internet takes the shortest path available from one computer to another. Because of this, any two computers on the Internet will be able to stay in touch with each other as long as there is a single route between them. This technology is called packet switching. Owing to this technology, if some computers on the network are knocked out (by a nuclear explosion, for example), information will just route around them.
One such packet-switching network which has already survived a war is the Iraq computer network which was not knocked out during the Gulf War. Most of the Internet host computers (more than 50 %) are in the United States, while the rest are located in more than 100 other countries. Although the number of host computers can be counted fairly accurately, nobody knows exactly how many people use the Internet, there are millions worldwide, and their number is growing by thousands each month.
The most popular Internet service is e-mail. Most of the people, who have access to the Internet, use the network only for sending and receiving e-mail messages. However, other popular services are available on the Internet: reading USENET News, using the World-Wide Web, telnet, FTP, and Gopher.
In many developing countries the Internet may provide businessmen with a reliable alternative to the expensive and unreliable telecommunications systems of these countries. Commercial users can communicate cheaply over the Internet with the rest of the world. When they send e-mail messages, they only have to pay for phone calls to their local service providers, not for calls across their countries or around the world.
Gordon...live in Oxford?4)I went home early,and John did...5)I never read such fairytales to little children... .6)We can ...buy tickets for this show.7)"Harry Potter" is a children's book."Peter Pan"is...a book for children.8)We haven't seen "Titanic"... .9)Translate the text and write exercise one... .Помогите вставить слова прошу
1. There can be no doubt that Shakespeare ... wrote this play.
2. We were in the park on ... own.
3. My roommate and I have to share a bookshelf. She keeps ... books on the top two shelves, and I keep ... on the bottom two shelves.
4. Just between you and ... , I think Tom is going to lose ... job.
5. Our house is almost the same as our neighbours' house. The only difference is that ... is grey and is white.
6. Jason has only ... to blame for the mistake he made.
7. Your cassette player sounds better than ... .
8. My washing machine can switch ... off.
9. The children arranged the party by ... .
10. Mrs. Collins is better now. I saw ... down town yesterday.
11. Romeo and Juliet killed ... .
12. Promising that she would call later in the day, Linda excused ... and hurried off.
13. The cildren were vaccinated to protecr ... against the disease.
14. The neighbours hardly know him becouse he keeps himself to ... .
15. Did you cool the pizza ... or did you buy it ready-made?
16. The President ... opened the exhibition.
beautiful (0) collections of moans and sighs and it is possible to make (1) ____ of these with a microphone.With enough (2) ____ you can listen to a song and tell which year it was sung in and where it came from.пожаловатьсяThe whales do most of their (3) ____ in the winter season,after their annual (4) ____ south from the Arctic. It is always the young males who set off first to the tropical breeding areas,and most of the (5) ____ are given by solitary males who are looking for a mate.The songs all have a definite sequence of parts. This (6) ____ is never changed, and there are clear rules of (7) ____ which must not be broken. There is very little (8) ____ between the songs at the start of a season and those from the previous year. However, over the next few months, the different parts of each song may be swapped, shortened, and (9) ____ may be made to the notes. During a breeding season, the whales all try to sing the most up-to-date version of the song. (10) ____ is similar to the way human language evolves, with contributions from many members of the population.
0) collect 1) record 2) practise 3) sing 4) migrate 5) perform 6) arrange 7) compose 8) differ 9) alter 10) develop