Раскройте скобки, употребив прилагательное в нужной степени сравнения.10-11 класс
1.The situation is getting (bad)
2. Pluto is (cold) of all the planets.
Раскройте скобки, употребив глаголы в present, Past или Future Passive
1. Yuor luggage (bring) up into your room soon,
Другие вопросы из категории
1)They can't speak English,..?
2) They can speak Russian,..?
3) They mustn't speak Russian in class,..?
reduced to a minimum. They exist, but are limited to a small area of the economy. Karl Marx conceived of a world in which there would be no private property whatsoever. Communism in theory states that all property should belong to the State. In practice, however, the citizens of state like Cuba are permitted to have personal effects. The important thing about the communist system is its central planning. The State organizes the whole economic effort of the nation. A central authority with complete power decides what goods and services will be produced. The authority decides what quantities of goods will be produced, and also controls their quality, deciding how they will be distributed and what prices will be charged for them. In addition, the State provides all or most of the services which the citizens require. It is responsible for the economy, and is therefore concerned with methods of production as well as with quality and quantity. The national economy must be planned ahead over a number of years.
Exercise 1. Answer your questions, basing your answers on the text.
a. What two things are greatly reduced in a communistic system?
b. What area do they occupy in the economy?
c. What did Karl Marx proposed about private property?
d. What is the theoretical communist view on property?
e. What is the position in practice?
f. What does the state so in the communistic system of central planning?
g. What two decisions does the central authority make?
h. What does the authority control?
i. What can the authority do about prices?
j. What is the state responsible for and what must it do?
Exercise 2. Make these sentences passive, omitting the agent phrase.
EXAMPLE: The government reduced private property to the minimum.
Private property was reduced to the minimum.
a. The government limited private enterprise to a small area in the economy.
. They permit the citizens to have personal property.
c. The workers will produce only essential commodities.
d. That factory produced a large quantity of shoes last year.
e. You will charge more money for these services.
f. The central authority must plan the economy over a number of years.
g. The authorities provided large numbers of workers for the ten new factories.
h. The government reduced the quantity of shoes produced in tat factory.
i. The State organized the whole economic effort of the nation.
j. The central authority has planned the whole economic programme for the next five years.
Exercise 3. Combine these pairs of sentences, using what and would.
EXAMPLE: This quantity of goods will be produced. The planners decided it.
The planners decided what quantity of goods would be produced.
a. These goods and services will be produced. The central authority decided it.
. These prices will be changed for the goods. The planners decided it.
c. This quality will be most suitable. The government considered it.
d. This commercial activity will be useful in the next few years. The planning authority decided it.
e. These changes will be made in the organization of the factory. The employers and employees discussed it.
f. These conditions will affect the national economy in the next twenty years. The economists considered the matter.
1. Happiness is (important) than money.
2. Kate is (young) in her family.
3. Henry is (strong) than his brother.
4. What is (long) river in the world?
5. The situation is getting (bad).
6. Pluto is (cold) of all the planets.
1. That was a long story.
2. The leaf of this tree is yellow.
3. Is this a man or a woman?
4. There is a child in the garden.
Задание 2. Перепишите предложения, употребив прилагательные в нужной степени сравнения. Переведите предложения.
1. Which is (large): the United States or Canada?
2. What is the name of the (big) port in the United States?
3. Moscow is the (large) city in Russia.
4. The London underground is the (old) in the world.
5. There is a (great) number of cars and buses in the streets of Moscow than in any other city of Russia.
6. St. Petersburg is one of the (beautiful) cities in the world.
Задание 3. Перепишите предложения, подчеркнув в них местоимения. Укажите разряд местоимений. Переведите предложения.
1. Who can better know my weakness than I?
2. He has never got anything interesting to say.
3. None of those dogs are ours.
4. The child fell and hurt himself badly.
Задание 4. Перепишите предложения, раскрыв скобки и употребив глаголы в соответствующей временной форме группы.
1. He (to spend) last summer in the country.
2. He (not to spend) last summer in the country.
3. He (to spend) last summer in the country?
4. Where he (to spend) last summer?
5. She (to help) mother yesterday.
6. She (not to help) mother yesterday.
7. She (to help) mother yesterday?
8. How she (to help) mother yesterday?
9. Kate (to cook) dinner every day.
10. Kate (to cook) dinner tomorrow.
11. Kate (to cook) dinner now.
12. Kate (to cook) dinner yesterday.
Задание 5. Переведите следующие предложения на английский язык:
В следующем году мой старший сын будет изучать иностранный язык. Вы часто ходите в театр? – Я люблю театр, но в прошлом году я не посмотрел ни одного представления. Кем была переведена эта статья? – Статью перевел наш лучший переводчик два дня назад. Как часто приносят письма? – Их всегда приносят утром.
Задание 6. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в одном из следующих времен: Present, Past, Future Simple; Present, Past Continuous.
1. Look at these children: they (to skate) very well.
2. You (to skate) last Sunday? — Yes, we (to skate) the whole day last Sunday. We (to skate) again next Sunday.
3. My brother can skate very well. He (to skate) every Sunday. 4. What you (to do) now? — I (to wash) the dishes.
5. What you (to do) at three o'clock yesterday? — I (to have) dinner.
6. You (to have) dinner now?
7. Where your brother (to work)? — He (to work) at an institute.
8. Your grandmother (to sleep) when you (to come) home yesterday?
9. What your brother (to do) tomorrow?
10. I (not to go) to the shop yesterday. I (to go) to the shop tomorrow.
Задание 7. Прочитайте и письменно переведите текст:
Healthy FoodEating is fun, especially when you are hungry. Most people have a favourite food. Some people enjoy eating sweet things like cakes, chocolates and ice cream. Other people enjoy savoury foods like cheese and meet. Enjoying eating is our body’s way of making sure that is gets the things it needs to work properly. Food helps us to keep warm, talk, run and do all the other things we do. It helps us to grow and stay healthy. Vitamins also help us to be healthy. Scientists name vitamins after the alphabet. All of them are very important, for example: vitamin C keeps our skin and gums healthy. It is found in fresh fruit and green vegetables, such as oranges, blackcurrants, lettuce. Brussels sprouts and spinach also contain a lot of vitamin C. Vitamin D helps our bones to grow strong and hard, and we are able to make it for ourselves if our skin gets enough sunlight. But we can also get vitamin D if we eat fish, milk, butter, cheese and margarine. Some people buy pills and tablets containing vitamins. But most of us get more than enough of them from our food.
Задание 8. Прочитайте текст и соотнесите заголовки с параграфамиThe vitamin to make your hard. Tastes differ. You can’t live without food. Vitamins and the ABC.
Задание 9. Ответьте, верны ли эти предложения.When we enjoy eating our body gets everything to work well. ______ To get vitamins you need to buy pills. ______ Vitamin C is important for our skin. ______ You can get vitamin D only when eating special food. ______
the whole book.
3. Today your answer is (bad) than last week.
4. She is (ambitious) person I know.
1) He (watch) TV every day.
2) My father (visit) our grandmother next week.
3) Usually they (not do) morning exercies.
4) Last summer my family (go) abroad.
5) Mike(not write) a letter yesterday.
6) In a week we (not buy) a new car.
2.Раскройте скобки. Поставьте to be в нужную форму. Переведите
1) Our today's home task...very difficulf.
2) Yesterday children... more noisy.
3) I... not a student.
4) These books... very interesting.
5) This boy... a good pupil.
1. Trade ... well in this area.
2. It is necessary to have correct ... to make a correct decision.
3. He does not have ... money to ... a car.
4. Economists study the ... between prices of different goods in the ... .
5. The economist industrial economics.
6. The growth of industry and agriculture ... the life of all the people in the country.
Affects, data, relationship, market, develops, is interested in, enough, buy.
3. Переведите следующие словосочетания, образованные по схеме «существительное + существительное»:
Образец: market analysis – анализ рынка
Labour economics, labour market study, goods and services prices, growth economics problems, economic situation details, consumer behaviour, future prediction, growth mechanism, agriculture and manufacturing relationship, mineral resources prices, agricultural product price growth, area development, trade growth prediction.
4. Раскройте скобки, употребив глаголы в нужной форме.
1. Economists (to study) situations from real life by means of economic models.
2. Economists (to be) interested in relationship between prices for goods and buyers' behaviour.
3. The buyer (to choose) goods for which he (to have) enough money.
4. He (not/ to follow) our recommendations.
5. The manager (to make) decisions only after careful analysis of all the data.
6. She always (to buy) a lot of clothes.
7. The data (not/ to be) necessary now.
8. The prices for fuel (to be) very high.
9. A consumer (to be) a person who (to buy) goods and services.
10. There (to be) several mining areas in this country.
5. Соедините части предложений А и В и переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. Resources and labour are necessary
2. It is necessary to know marketing
3. It is not enough to study economic theory
4. Like other sciences, economics uses models
5. To buy goods and services it is necessary for a consumer
6. It is not always possible to predict
7. To have enough money for his
8. Development of trade
a) is essential for economic growth of a country.
b) the results of every phenomenon.
c) to produce goods.
d) to sell goods and services well.
e) to have enough money.
f) to be a good economist.
g) family he works a lot.
h) to analyze real life situations.