Поставьте прилагательные в скобках в сравнительную или превосходную степени сравнения .10-11 класс
1. The life of this battery is (long) than most of its rivals at almost half the price.
2. Our mineral water is (pure) in the market.
3. He is (good) student in our group.
4. I would recommend this jacket. It’s (stylish) than the other one and it really suits you.
5. This is (low) price I can offer.
6. You’ll really like these chips. They are (tasty) than any others on the market.
7. I can’t recommend this DVD player. Its results were (bad) than the others.
8. That is (silly) suggestion I’ve ever heard.
Другие вопросы из категории
1. This article is not very (MEANING)_________so it is difficult to work with it.
2. Your advice is always very (USE)_________We shall follow it.
3. His (MEMBER)_________in this club has been cancelled after the accident.
4. The friends told each other that their (FRIEND)_________will last forever.
5. The (RELATE)_________with her boyfriend was very important for Kelly.
6. The girl was given a very nice present and she was very (THANK)_________for that.
7. Ann looks very (THOUGHT)_________She is probably trying to solve some problem.
8. One has to be very (CARE)_________when crossing the street.
9. You shouldn't be afraid of dentists. Nowadays most of their manipulations are (PAIN)_________.
частью жизни людей. Без них практически невозможно представить наше существование. Я хотела бы рассказать о том, как, по моему мнению, технологии влияют на нашу повседневную жизнь.
По правде говоря, в технологиях есть как и положительные стороны, так и отрицательные, и я хотела бы привести вам некоторые примеры
Во-первых, прежде всего ноу хау очень полезен, потому что это огромная база данных и знаний, где вы можете найти любую вещь, которую вы хотите - фильмы и музыку, которая вам интересна, огромное количество книг, газет и журналов. Во-вторых, это источник общения с людьми на разных расстояниях. В-третьих, Технологии очень удобны и малогабаритны, поэтому ими можно пользоваться где угодно, что облегчает жизнь человека.
Подчеркните прилагательные в английских предложениях и укажите степень сравнения. 1. Steel made the cars much lighter and safer than the old wooden cars. 2. Railway transport is one of the cheapest ways of transporting freight over long distances. 3. It is more convenient to carry these goods by lorry than by rail.
PDF created with pdfFactory Pro trial version www.pdffactory.com
Задание 2. Перепишите и переведите предложения, употребив прилагательные, данные в скобках, в сравнительной или превосходной степени. 1. Railways are the (important) form of transport in Russia. 2. The cars that are built today become (comfortable). 3. Our (good) diesel locomotive develops a speed of 170 km per hour. Задание 3. Перепишите и переведите предложения. Определите форму (Present, Past, Future) и функцию (основной, вспомогательный, модальный) глаголов TO BE и TO HAVE. Подчеркните эти глаголы в английском варианте. 1. The railways were invented before the age of steam. 2. A railway track is steel rails on wooden sleepers (шпалы) 3. Nowadays various machines have replaced hard manual labor. 4. Train No3 is to arrive at platform 2. 5. The civil engineers are trying to find out the most suitable route.
Задание 4. Перепишите и переведите предложения, обращая внимание на употребление времён группы Indefinite (Simple) (Present, Past, Future) в действительном и страдательном залоге. Выпишите сказуемые и укажите их видовременную форму и залог. 1. For many years engineers tried to find a new material for making sleepers (шпалы). 2. Some changes were made in the original design. 3. We find a lot of information about this invention on the Internet.
Задание 5. Перепишите и переведите текст.
George Stephenson was an English civil engineer and mechanical engineer who built the first public inter-city railway line in the world to use steam locomotives. G.Stephenson was born in Wylam, 9.3 miles (15km) west of Newcastle. His father was a fireman, earning a very low wage, so there was no money for schooling. At the age of 17, Stephenson became an engineman. He realized the value of education and paid to study at night school to learn reading, writing and arithmetic. In1802 he moved to Willington Quay where he worked as a brakeman, made shoes and mended clocks to supplement his income. In 1811 the pumping engine at his work was not working properly and Stephenson offered to fix it. He did so with such success that he was promoted to maintain and repair all the colliery engines. He became an expert in steam-driven machinery.
PDF created with pdfFactory Pro trial version www.pdffactory.com
Stephenson designed his first locomotive in 1814. The locomotive could haul 30 tons of coal up a hill at 4mph (6.4 km/h). The new engines were too heavy to run on wooden rails, and iron rails were in their infancy, with cast iron exhibiting excessive brittleness. Stephenson improved the design of cast-iron rails to reduce breakage and managed to solve the problem caused by the weight of the engine on the primitive rails. The years between 1830-1840 were the busiest in Stephenson life. Many of the first American railroad builders came to Newcastle to learn from Stephenson. But G. Stephenson cannot claim to have invented the locomotive. Richard Trevithick deserves that credit. But Stephenson was the first to suggest the standard gauge, sometimes called “Stephenson gauge” which is now used throughout the world. As a tribute to his life and works, a bronze statue was unveiled at Chesterfield railway station in the town where Stephenson spent the last ten years of his life. G.Stephenson died aged 67, on 12 August 1848 in Chesterfield.
Задание 6. Укажите, какие из следующих утверждений соответствуют содержанию текста. Используйте фразы: It is right. It is wrong. Исправьте неверные утверждения. 1. G.Stephenson was an American civil and mechanical engineer. 2. He became an expert in steam-driven machinery. 3. Stephenson designed his first locomotive in 1824. 4. His first locomotive could haul 30 tons of coal
1. What (nice) present is there than a box of chocolates?
2. This is the (wonderful) and (beautiful) picture that has ever come out of Hollywood.
3. Frieda is (old) than Hans; she is the (old) of the family.
4. Summer is (warm) than winter.
5. Summer is the (warm) of the four seasons.
6. London is (big) than Manchester.
7. Manchester is (small) than London.
8. Frieda is (pretty) than her sister.
9. Lucille is (slim) than she was a year ago.
10. Winter in London is (foggy) than in Paris.
I like this book(well) than that one
Which of the students ran (fast) at the contest?
She speaks English (correctly) of all in my class
Now i can see the ship (clearly) than before
Поставьте прилагательные в положительную, сравнительную или превосходную степень1. You aren"t as ____________as your father (tall)
2. She is much_________than me.(old)
3. Jack is a bit_________than his friends.(young)
4.This coat is too_________for you.(large)
5. This car is very expensive.It"s the ___________in the shop.(
6.It"s the__________hotel in the city.(good)
7.Mathematics was the _______exam for me.(difficult)
8.Physics is __________than mathematics for me (easy)
expensive, good, cold, beautiful, hungry, cheap, fat, strong, long, heavy.
2. Дополните предложения. Используйте сравнительную форму прилагательных в скобках.
1. (strong) A horse is ... than a person.
2. (important) This subject is ... than that one.
3. (easy) English is ... than German.
4. (useful) Reading books is ... than watching TV.
3. Дополните предложения, употребив прилагательные в скобках в превосходной степени.
1. (dangerous) It is the . . . trip in my life.
2. (hot) July is the . . . month in this region.
3. (beautiful) Marry says that rose is the . . . flower.
4. Сравните следующие понятия, используя конструкции not so… as или as...as.
1. A donkey (to be big) a horse.
2. This box (to be heavy) that one.
3. A lemon (to be sweet) an orange.
5. Дополните предложения, употребив нужную форму притяжательного местоимения.
1. (He) . . . favorite car is a Mercedes.
2. What is . . . (you)?
3. These are (we) . . . reports and where are those biologists’?
6. Заполните пропуски нужной формой глагола to have и образуйте нужную форму притяжательно¬го местоимения.
1. I . . . a brother. (I) brother is a well-known football-player.
2. Alice . . . a friend. (She) name is Ann.
3. Tom and Mary . . . a car. (They) car is one of the latest models.
4. We . . . a son. (We) son is good at English.
7. Составьте предложения, используя подстановочную таблицу.
I a lot of friends
My brother have (not) got a good character
Theses parents has (not) got well-bred children
Mary a speedy car
She a big cottage
8. Переведите предложения на английский язык.
1. Пусть они поют.
2. Оставайтесь дома.
3. Не ходите в кино.
4. Давайте поиграем.
5. Позвольте мне прочитать это предложение.