Write the sentence using a participle instead of a clause:5-9 класс
The children who were excited by the news shouted "hoorah" three times.
Другие вопросы из категории
(not recommend), Cotton wool... (prefer) for bedding. Cages should ... (clean) carefully, Mice should ...
(feed) with a good quality grain mixture, it should ... (give) in small amounts, They should... (provide) with
the equipment for exercise: small ladders. ropes, wheels.
MIce should... (lift) by taking the tail firmly, close to the base while supporting the body with the other
where is necessary 1)I haven t ... idea of going for a walk
2)It was a nice place with ... green trees near .... river
3)Vitya is playing ... football in... yard
4)You need ... fresh air, fruit and vegetables
Copy the sentences using the past indefinite or past continuous
1)They … a lot of interesting things when they …. In the South (to see, to travel)
2)The students …when the teacher….(to shout, to come)
3)We… supper when the telephone ….(to have, ring)
4)It … when we … to the village (to rain, to get)
one of these verbs in the correct form, present or past:
1 This house (is/are/was/were) built by my grandfather.
2 Many accidents (am/are/was/were) caused by dangerous driving.
3 The room (is/are/was/were) cleaned every day.
4 The letter (is/are/was/were) posted a week ago
5 The flight (is/am/was/were) cancelled because of fog.
6 Cheese (is/are/was/were) made from milk.
7 A cinema is a place where the films (is/are/was/were) shown.
2)Put the verbs into the correct form, present or past. Please, try to use full form:
1While I was travelling around the country my camera (steal)from my hotel room.
2The policemen (call) by our friends.
3The road (use) very often.
4Originaly the book (write) in Spanish, and a few years ago it (translate)into English.
5The islands (wash) by the Atlantic ocean.
6Telephone (invent) in the ninteenth century.
7About this event (speak much) now.
8We (not allow) to make personal calls at work.
9Our project (make) a week ago.
10Three boys (inform) about test results last lesson.
3)Make the sentences Passive:
1D.Defoe wrote the novel about Robinson Crusoe at the age of sixty. 2Grandparents brought up Mike and his younger sister.
3Millions of people visit Moscow every year.
4Sir Christopher Wren designed St.Pauls Cathedral in the late 17th century. 5My friends invited us to a party.
6A group of artists organized this original exhibition.
7In Bangladesh people celebrate New Year in April.
8Our team won the game yesterday.
9Most people in the USA speak English.
10All students in our class use computers.
Вроде всё... Помогите плиз!
Complate the sentences
using Conditional 2.
If people tried to walk
or cycle instead of driving cars,...
If people avoided buying
2) He ...that he...his hat at the theatre( to remember ,to leave)
3) She...that she ...a good sighteeing tour around London (to write,to have)
4)The travellers ...to the hotel..their bags there and..for a walk in the town (to come,to leave,to go)
5)Yesterday i..a letter from my friend,from whom i..not..for a long time (to receive,to hear)
6) We...in yesterday's newspaper that a group of doctors from Ukraine...to London to take part in a conference (to read,to go)
1) She will buy tickets for the concert. She will phone us. (as soon as)
2) We will get good marks. We will finish the project in time. (if)
3) They will discuss this problem. They will make a decision. (before)
4) We won’t go for a walk. The rain will stop. (until)
5) I’ll read your e-mail. I’ll come home. (when)
Complete the sentences with the correct part of speech, using the words in brackets.
1) The latest book of this (novel) describes the (truth)
events in the history of our country.
2) My parents won’t give me the (permit) to leave the college.
3) The poem was so (emotion) that tears appeared in her eyes.
4) If you use your (imagine) you’ll guess the end of this (excite) story.
5) The teacher gave him some extra work as (punish) for being late
Report the statements.
1) «I bought this disc three days ago», said Harry.
2) «Don’t argue with me!» Father said to Paul.
3) «The Browns have just returned from the seaside», Mike said to his brother.
4) «Could you open the window, please?» Jane said to her classmate.
5) Liz said to Ben, «I can’t go to the concert with you.»
6) «We will choose her a present tomorrow, Sally», Mother said.