Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Past Simple или Past Continuous: Dear Peter, I’m writing to tell you about what happened to me last week10-11 класс
while I 1) ___ my aunt who lives by sea (visit). One afternoon I 2) ___ her dog for a walk by the cliffs when I 3) ___ a girl who 4) ___ a tree by the edge of the cliff (take) / (notice) / (climb). As she 5) ___ there, the branch suddenly 6) ___ and the girl 7) ___ over the edge (hang) / (break) / (fall). I 8) ___ to the edge, but although the girl 9) ___ for help, I 10) ___ see her (run) / (shout) / (not / be able to). I 11) ___ about what to do when a man 12) ___ the cliff path (think) / (come along). I 13) ___ what had happened and while he 14) ___ for help I 15) ___ to the girl (explain) / (go) / (talk) . Well, everything 16) ___ happily (end). The girl was rescued and her parents17) ___ me by giving me a large bunch of flowers (thank). The story 18) ___ in the newspaper too (be)! That’s all my news – write and tell me yours soon.
Другие вопросы из категории
1) come up
1. A: Look, 'Friends' (start)!
B: When (it / start).
2. My sister (be) to the USA.
She (stay) in New York.
3. He (go) to China. Last year he (go) to Argentina.
4. A: (you / read) the latest issue of 'The Guardian'?
B: Yes I it yesterday.
5. I (already / finish) my exams.
6. The Prime Minister (talk) to the business leaders last week.
7. I (just / hear) the latest news on the radio.
8. We (see) the President at the airport.
I … (write) to you from the Golden Beach Hotel. I'm here with Sandy and Pam. The hotel… (belong) to Pat's uncle and she (spend) every summer here. The place… (be) very nice and I … (think) all the people in the hotel… (have) a nice time. We… (swim) every morning. At noon we (have) lunch and in the evening we… (go) for walks. Today it… (rain) so we can't go out. I… (hate) this weather. At the moment Sand… (have) lunch. She (eat) fish today and it… (smell) very good. …(you/have) a good time at home? Love, Jessy.
2. Дополните предложения глаголами из списка, употребив их в Past Simple в утвердительной, отрицательной или вопросительной форме.
be clean start finish want do
We weren't happy with the hotel. Our room ...very small and it ... very clean.
I ...my teeth three times yesterday.
The concert ....at 7.30 and ...at 10 o'clock.
When I was a child, I ...to be a teacher.
'I cut my hand this morning.' 'How ...you ...that?'
3. Употребите глагол из скобок в нужной форме (Future Simple/ Present Continuous).
We ...(to go) to the theatre tonight. We've got tickets.
'What ...you (to do) tomorrow evening?' 'Nothing. I'm free.'
They ...(to go) away tomorrow morning. Their train is at 8.40.
I'm sure she ...(to lend) us some money. She's very rich.
Why are you putting on your coat?' `I ...(to go) out.'
4. Употребите глагол из скобок в нужной форме (Past Continuous/Past Simple).
A: What .... you ...(do) when the phone........ (ring)?
B: I ... (watch) television.
A: ...Jane (be busy) when you ...(come) to see her?
B: Yes, she ...(study).
A: What time ...the post ...(arrive) this morning?
B: It ...(come) while I ...(have) breakfast.
A: Was Margaret at work today?
B: No, she ...(not/go) to work. She was ill.
A: How fast ...you...(drive) when the police ...(stop) you?
B: I don't know exactly but I ...(not/drive) very fast.
5. Дополните предложения глаголами из списка, поставив их в форму Present Perfect.
finish buy go see break
'Can I have this newspaper?' 'Yes, I ...with it.'
I ... some new shoes. Do you want to see them?
'Where is Liz?' 'She ...out.'
I'm looking for Paula. ...you... her?
Look! Somebody ...that window.
6. Употребите глагол из скобок в нужной форме (Present Perfect/Past Simple).
My friend is a writer. He ...... (write) many books.
We .... (not/have) a holiday last year.
I ...... (play) tennis yesterday afternoon.
What time ...(you/go) to bed last night?
...... (you/ever/meet) a famous person?
Rose works in a factory. She...(work) there for six months. Before that she...(be) a waitress in a restaurant. She...(work) there for two years but she...(not/ enjoy) it very much.
7. Употребите модальные глаголы can, may, must, need там, где это необходимо.
You ...write the letter now. You ...do it tomorrow.
Paula ...speak Italian but she ...not speak French.
He ...forget to come to the conference. He is so absent-minded!
It's a fantastic film. You ...see it.
Be happy! You ...not be sad.
1. John (write) his name. 2. I (draw) a picture. 3. Tom (blow out ) the light. 4. The cat (drink) its milk. 5. The tree (fall) across the road. 6. John (give) his bicycle to his brother. 7. You (make) a mistake. 8. We (eat) our dinner. 9. The train just (go). 10. I just (tell) the answer. 11. George never (be) in Australia. 12. John and Richard just (go away). 13. The baker (sell) all his cakes. 14. I (read) this book.
2. В следующих предложениях измените время глагола на Present Perfect. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. The pupils are writing the dictation. 2. My friend is helping me to solve a difficult problem. 3. I am learning a poem 4. She is telling them an interesting story. 5. Kate is sweeping the floor. 6. The waiter is putting a bottle of lemonade in front of him. 7. I am eating my breakfast. 8. We are drinking water. 9. He is bringing them some meat and vegetables. 10 You are putting the dishes on the table.
3.Раскройте скобки, переведите. Помните, что в некоторых случаях употребляется Past SIMPLE!
1. When he (to come) home, his mother already (to cook) dinner.
2. When we (to come) to my friend’s house, he just (to leave).
3. When her husband (to enter) her office, she already (to finish) her work for that day.
4. Jennifer (to send) him an email after he (to call).
5. Andy (to ask) his friend before he (to propose) him his help.
6. We (to eat) a cake which I (to bring) an hour before.
7. My sister (to take) my dress which I (to buy) in Morocco.
8. I (to work) on the computer yesterday which I (to buy) a week ago.
9. I (to know) that my friend (not yet to complete) the test in the university.
10. Nick and his wife (to come) home from the theatre at five o'clock.
11. Nick and his wife (to come) home from the theatre by five o'clock.
12. She (to finish) my homework at seven o'clock.
13. She (to finish) my homework by seven o'clock.
14. They (to sell) their house before they (to buy) the new one.
15. He told me that he (to buy) a new car.
16. Yesterday I (to wake up), (to open) my eyes and (to remember) what I (to do) the day before.
17. She said that she (to have) a great vacation trip.
18. You (to complete) the test by Friday?
19. I (not to have) a lunch by the afternoon, so I was very hungry.
20. I (to fix) my car before my daughter (to return) back from school.
4.Поставь глагол в нужной форме (Past Perfect или Past Simple) в зависимости от смысла.
1. The house was very quiet when I got home. Everybody _____________(go) to bed.
2. I felt very tired when I got home, so I ______(go) straight to bed.
3. Sorry I am late. The car ______(break) down on my way here.
4. There was a car by the side of the road. It ________ (break) down and the driver was trying to repair it. So we _______ (stop) to help him.
5. Поставье глаголы в скобках в форму present, past или future perfect:
1. I hope you (not forget) all this by tomorrow. 2. I think she (cook) dinner by the time Mother (come) home. 3. He (be) a pensioner for ten years by next spring. 4. I hope they (tell) her the news by the time we (come). 5. Ask him when he (finish) packing. 6. What … you (do) when I (call) on you at 5
tomorrow? 7. He (search) every corner of your room before he (leave). 8. The plane (approach) Moscow at this time tomorrow. 9. By the time you (get) home we (prepare) everything for the party. 10. They (come) to see us next Sunday. 11. The doctor (examine) his last patient at this time tomorrow.
Раскройте скобки и поставьте глаголы в форме Present Simple или Present Continuous:
1. Mr Nolls is in the sitting-room. He (play) the piano.
2.Hurry up! The train (come)
3.I usually (get) up at 8 o'clock
4.She (speak) three languages
5.Look! They (dance) together
6.I (not like) milk. I (like) juice
7.He (do) his homework now
8.We (known) your brother quite well
9.My friends (live) in this house. I often (come) to see them on Sundays
10.(Be) you afraid of dogs?
11.You (go) to work by bus or by trolley-bus?
12.I (have) lunch now,I"ll call you in half an hour
the window at six o'clock yesterday, 3. You (to go) to the cinema yesterday? 4. I (not to sec) Mike last week. 5, When I (to open) the door, my friends (to sit) around the table. 6. When you (tu begin) doing your homework yesterday? 7. We (tu discuss) the latest news from three till four yesterday. 8. When I (to read) the newspaper yesterday, I (to find) an interesting article on UFOs, 9. Lena (to sweep) the floor on Sunday. 10. Lena (t sweep) the floor from eleven till twelve on Sunday. 11. They (to go) to the wood last Sunday? 12, When they (to sail) down the river they (to sc-.-j a little island. 13. We (to work) the whole morning yesterday, 14. Mother (to cook) dinner at three o'clock yesterday. 15. She (to finish) cook-| ing at four o'clock yesterday. 16. At half past four yesterday we (to have) dinner. 17. You (to watch) I TV yesterday? - - Yes, we (to watch) TV the whole evening yesterday. 18. When you (to go) to bed yesterday? 19. 1 (to go) to bed at ten o'clock yes-I terday. 20. At half past ten yesterday I (to sleep). 21. When I (to come) home from school yesterday, r little brother (to sit) on the floor with all his toys around him. He (to play) with them. I (to tell) him to put his toys into the box as he (to make) too much noise.